Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Poems From Satipo

Ode to Satipo
[Part One/Jungle Eyes]

O Satipo, your jungle eyes--I see;

Lo, your life-filled warmth opens

Upon thy brow...

Be ye, open up--your jungle gates

For me,

Before--,

Before the wild comes with new

And old roars

(And horrific drums form within

The deep...)!

I could feel and hear the jungle life

Within my veins,--

Appeared images--within my brain.

Leafage, like peace offerings--

Silently--swayed,

Upon the shoulders of its kind--;

And here I stood in paradise!

1/24/06 #1016

Ode to Satipo
[Part Two/Peru's Abode]

Across her deep-roads of green

From rivers and valleys now

(From where I stand) unseen,--

From thy heavens above, falls

Forth,

(In truth and trials, and long course)

To call you nobler friend, than I,

Wherefore I stand, under your skies.

Wherefrom I saith, 'Satipo!'--

Peru's abode--, as

Precious as the Andean walls--

Be ye, lift up your gates:

Jungle (beauty),

For here is where stars are born!...

#1017 1/24/2006

Ode to Satipo
[Part Three/Shades of Green]

Oh patient Satipo, in silent

Green!

Complexities, triumphs

Wings like engines

(Everywhere)

And, what so way I look,

Shapes and wonders: bounties

Great--

That thou with loving care

Creates
A thousand colors of jade

Receding in your rainforest;

Hence, I sense your bliss,

Within

Your wildness...!

#1018 1/24/2006

Comments by the author: I had lived as a child in the city (St. Paul, Minnesota, United States), which I left as soon as possible, to roam the world, which I felt was really my own little city. I was amazed at the diversity of the world, its many kinds of people, traditions, customs, temples, ruins, climate, geography, animals--, and now I've been to several jungles, and of course that is in a class of its own. From Central America (Tikal), to the Amazon, to the Gran Sabana, and those jungles in Java, and South East Asia, Vietnam; and let me add, Guam, and the Galapagos (more for the animals, than jungle though); and Easter Island (again, more for its isolated location, and its people than for the jungle life); the fact is, it is all one big jungle for me; etcetera. These poems in this book were written during a quiet time of my life (which is now of course); quiet, in the sense of: I'm slowing down some, more because I have to, not necessarily want to. So I dedicate this three part poem to the folks of the Satipo Jungle of Peru. And to a friend writer, who has written much in his young life,and loves the word, and has much to say: Lance Windslow.

In Spanish
Translated by Nancy Penaloza

Dedicado a Mamá María

Oda en Prosa: A Satipo

OH, Satipo, tus ojos de la selva- yo vi; Aquí, tu calor lleno de- vida se abre sobre mi frente, aun aquí arriba en los cielos. Por favor abre Las puertas de la selva antes de que el salvaje venga con nuevos e impacientes rugidos, yo quiero ver mas; horribles tambores, yo escucho mi corazón latir, nuevamente, ¡aquí, vienen!

Yo puedo sentir y escuchar la vida de la selva dentro de mis venas, -cuando no estaba

Cerca de ella; uno puede, usted sabe, cuándo esta en ti; su imagen aparece, aun cuando no esta cerca- dentro de mi cerebro.

El follaje, como ofrenda de paz- silenciosamente yo recuerdo su -balanceo, sobre mis hombros de su amabilidad-; y aquí, aquí yo permanezco en el Paraíso!

1/24/06 # 1016

Una nota sobre: Mamá Maria. Ella vivió la mayor parte de su vida dentro y fuera de Satipo la selva de Perú; esto talvez fue su tercer o cuarto amor: primero Dios, ella misma su esposo e hijos, y luego la selva; yo creo que esto pudo ser en ese orden, o talvez su esposo y niños y luego ella misma, yo no se: pero lo que yo conozco es esto: si ella amo a la selva la mitad de lo mucho que yo amo escribir poesía: ella verdaderamente amo al Monumentalmente Satipo, entonces quien mas merece esta poema dedicado, yo no se si alguien mas además de ella.

See Dennis' web site: http://dennissiluk.tripod.com
More information, please visit :


No comments:

Post a Comment